Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My New Instruments

Hi, Folks,

A couple of months ago I returned from France with a small inheritance. I used most of it to lighten my debt load, and squandered the rest on musical instruments and such. I bought a Roland MP 60 piano, an Edirol UA 4-FX Recording interface, (which I still can't get to work with my computer,) and these two folk instruments: an Ome Juniper openback banjo, and a Walnut Creek mountain dulcimer:

Click for Musical Slideshow


I took a little ride to Bar Harbor, Maine, to try out the Walnut Creek dulcimers at:

Song of the Sea - Folk Instruments and More


The folks there are very nice, and have a great array of folk instruments at reasonable prices.

I bought my Ome banjo online at:

banjo.com

John there is also very nice. Anybody who sells banjos and unicycles can't be all bad.

Here are a couple of tunes I laid down quickly to give everyone a chance to hear these wonderful instruments, (albeit clumsily played):

The Cruel War / How Can I Keep from Singing
Dulcimer

Play Hi-Bitrate
Play Lo-Bitrate

Shady Grove / Pretty Polly
Banjo

Play Hi-Bitrate
Play Lo-Bitrate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tony,all your music is beautiful and so is the walnut dulcimer and the Ome banjo...
I appreciate the dulcimer's look...solid walnut.
Thanks for putting all of this up for us...
Verne